Palin is an antimicrobial drug that is effective mainly in infectious inflammatory diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract. Palin has been used for a long time, and has proven itself as an indispensable tool for treating various infections in this area. As a rule, it is well tolerated and does not give serious side effects.
Action Mechanism Palette
Palin( active ingredient - pipemidic acid) is an antimicrobial preparation that is available in capsules, tablets and vaginal suppositories for the treatment of kidney and urinary tract diseases. Produced by various pharmaceutical companies under the name palyn, and under other names( pimidel, pipegal, pipem, pipemidin, pipemidin-vero, pipemidovaya acid, uropimide, urotractin).
Palin refers to quinolones - synthetic drugs that exert a pronounced bactericidal( kills pathogenic bacteria) action. Apply palyn for treatment( including in combination with other antimicrobial agents) pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis caused by pathogens th
After ingestion in tablets, palynum is well absorbed in the intestines, enters the bloodstream and is distributed in the tissues of the kidneys and urinary tract. Then it is excreted in the urine in an unchanged form, as a result of which its high concentration is created in the urine.
Indications and contraindications for the admission
Palin is indicated for the following infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible pathogens:
- pyelonephritis - inflammation of the kidney;
- cystitis - inflammation of the bladder;
- urethritis - inflammation of the urinary tract;
- prostatitis - inflammation of the prostate.
In addition, palin is prescribed to prevent infectious and inflammatory diseases of the genito-urinary organs after operations and with instrumental interventions in urological and gynecological practice.
The palette is recommended to be washed down with plenty of liquid and generally increase the amount of liquid consumed per day. In addition, the effectiveness of palin increases with alkalinization of urine, so it is recommended to eat more vegetables and fruits that contribute to this.
Take palin at least twice a day for 10 days or more( as prescribed by the doctor - with kidney disease course can be extended to a month, and with prostate gland diseases - up to two months).In acute infectious and inflammatory diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract in women, they are prescribed vaginal suppositories for oral ingestion Vaginal suppositories - for contraception and inflammation treatment ( one candle per night).
Contraindications for administration and side effects
Contraindications for the administration of palin are:
- significant renal impairment;
- significant impairment of liver function;
- convulsive seizures of any origin;
- porphyria( hereditary blood disease, one of the manifestations of which is photodermatosis);
- pregnancy, especially I( up to 12 weeks) and III( from 25 to 40 weeks) trimesters of pregnancy;
- children under 14 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Palin side effects:
- from the gastrointestinal tract - poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain Abdominal pain: types and symptoms ;Sometimes - severe inflammation of the large intestine( pseudomembranous colitis) with severe diarrhea;
- from the central and peripheral nervous system - headache, agitation or depression Depression is slightly more than a bad mood , sleep disorder Dreams: how to understand our dreams , impaired sensitivity, impaired consciousness, hallucinations, Trembling of hands and whole body, convulsive seizures, impaired vision;
- from the hematopoiesis side - in patients with some congenital metabolic disorders( eg, deficient in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase), hemolytic( from the adhesion of erythrocytes) anemia can develop;The number of eosinophils in the blood increases, which indicates an increased readiness of the body for allergic reactions; in elderly patients and in patients with impaired renal function, thrombocytopenia can develop - a sharp decrease in the number of platelets in the blood, which leads to increased bleeding;
- allergic reactions - skin rash, itching and other allergic reactions;
- Other side effects are the development of hypersensitivity to light( photosensitivity), the development of resistance( insensitivity) to infectious agents.
Palin is an effective antiseptic used for the treatment of urological diseases.