Nootropil is a drug that has a direct effect on the brain. At the same time, he is able to improve the functional abilities of the brain both in the norm and under various pathological conditions. It is used according to the doctor's prescription.
mechanism of action nootropil
Nootropil( international non-proprietary name - piracetam) - a drug, which belongs to the group of nootropic drugs and is available in the form of capsules of 400 mg, tablets coated at 800 and 1200 mg,as a 20% solution in vials of 125 ml for oral administration, in the form of a 20% solution for injections in ampoules of 5 and 15 ml, of a solution for intravenous infusion in vials of 60 ml.
Nootropil is a derivative of gamma-aminobutyric acid( GABA or GABA).It has a positive effect on the central nervous system by increasing the velocity of propagation of nerve impulses in the brain, improving of metabolism in neural cells, improve blood flow in small blood vessels of the brain and by normalizing the blood flow without
blood fluidity is improved due to the fact that Nootropilum prevents the aggregation( bonding) of platelets, red cells restores elasticity, which prevents their adhesion( adhesion to vascular walls).
After receiving nootropil inside it is rapidly and almost completely absorbed in the intestine( the maximum concentration in blood is reached after half an hour), it penetrates into the brain and the placenta to the fetus. It is excreted through the kidneys in an unchanged form.
Indications for receiving
Nootropil prescribed for the following diseases and conditions:
- elderly patients with impaired memory, concentration, mental alertness, ability to memorize, dizziness, depression, irritability Irritability - tryControl your mood , behavior disorders;
- in Alzheimer's disease;
- with the consequences of ischemic stroke with speech, neuropsychological disorders and movements;
- for chronic alcoholism, drug addiction and substance abuse - for the treatment of abstinence syndrome and various disorders of the central nervous system;
- after intoxication, trauma, coma and during recovery from them;
- for disorders of cerebral circulation;
- for problems with children's learning;
- with convulsive syndrome;
- for sickle cell anemia( as part of complex therapy).
- at a hemorrhage in the brain( hemorrhagic stroke);
- for depression and psychomotor agitation( agitation);
- with Goettington chorea;
- in severe forms of renal dysfunction;
- at the age of up to one year - for oral solution;
- at the age of up to three years - for tablets and capsules;
- during pregnancy and breast- Breastfeeding - a personal choice breast;
- for individual intolerance of the drug components.
wary nootropil prescribed for increased bleeding, surgery, bleeding.
In most cases Nootropilum well tolerated, but may in its application and side effects.
The most common side effects occur in the central nervous system - this irritability, motor activity, and insomnia or, alternatively, lethargy, fatigue, lethargy and sleepiness, impaired balance, depressed mood, anxiety Anxiety - how to distinguish normal from disease? , fears, hallucinations, sometimes - headache, dizziness, increased libido. Therefore, patients who take nootropil and have any side effects on the central nervous system, it is not necessary to perform the work associated with the threat to life, such as driving motor vehicles.
the part of the gastrointestinal tract when receiving nootropil possible( but rare), nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, discomfort and abdominal pain Abdominal pain: Types and Symptoms .
Side effects from the endocrine system in the form of weight gain are also possible. This side effect often occurs in elderly patients who receive nootropil for a long time and in large doses.
Sometimes reception nootropil allergic reactions occur, which manifest in a variety of skin lesions( including hives), angioedema, and so on.
All side effects( except for allergies) can be removed, reducing the dose nootropil. With allergies, nootropil is canceled.
Nootropil is an effective and sufficiently safe medication.